Thank you for your interest in the Urbana Adult Education Center (UAEC)!
The Urbana Adult Education Center has provided educational and career services to residents of Champaign County and surrounding communities in East Central Illinois for over 50 years. Our program is primarily grant funded and has partnered with the Urbana School District #116 since 1963; providing lifelong learning opportunities to persons 16 years of age and over, serving approximately 1,000 students each year. Our programs consist of the following: GED, High School Diploma, English Language Acquisition, Certified Nursing Assistant, Continuing Education and Career Development. We help our students to become more competitive in the workforce which allows them to transition into meaningful employment with a living wage.
Any 16 or 17 year old student who is not an Urbana resident must bring a referral letter from their home high school and a copy of their transcript. We are proud of the unique educational and career opportunities our programs deliver and strive to meet the individual needs of each and every student, at their own pace. You may begin at any time and continue until you have reached your educational goals. We invite you to read through the pages of the website to learn more about our programs and courses offered. Classes are funded through federal and state grants, with help from local sources such as The United Way of Champaign County.
2016-2017 Quick Facts
- 749 students participated in Adult Education Programs
- 609 participating in Adult Education and Family Literacy
- 132 students participated in tuition based classes
- 50 students have completed high school
- 72 students have passed the CNA class
- 92 students have gotten a job
- 351 students have gained a level on post test
- 37 students have passed the Constitution Test
- 23 students are earning high school credit
- 313 students are receiving Public Assistance benefits
- 347 students are between 16-24
Daytime and evening classes are available Fall and Spring semesters.
The John M. Garth Adult Education Center is located in downtown Urbana within two blocks of the Courthouse MTD Bus Stop. Call 384-3530 for an appointment to register.
Feel free to contact us with any questions at (217) 384-3530 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.